The game, courtesy of Miss Syl, was: * Pick 15 of your favorite movies * Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie * Post them on your blog for everyone to guess (no fucking googling them! I’ll know!) * Fill in the film title once it’s been guessed Edit: Jeff MacDude, Hiromi […]
The game, courtesy of Miss Syl, was:
* Pick 15 of your favorite movies
* Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie
* Post them on your blog for everyone to guess (no fucking googling them! I’ll know!)
* Fill in the film title once it’s been guessed
Edit: Jeff MacDude, Hiromi and Darkneuro are in with lists. This is a pretty good game.
In fact I didn’t get to fifteen, due to short attention span or something. Eleven will have to do.
Some of these seem easy. Some not so much.
1) “What an eccentric performance.”
Monty Python and the Holy Grail – good one, Ray.
2) “Arrange food, drink, entertainment, and a sit-down orgy for forteen.”
a Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum – Jeff Hoover who has great taste in movies
3) “Harlock, you’ve either been drinking or you’re suffering from severe combat fatigue.”
Incredible Mister Limpet; when I was a kid, this was my favorite movie. (no one got this one – I sorta hoped jjh would know it!)
4) “Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket… ”
Serenity – guessed by Bluwhls. I knew there was a Browncoat in the bunch.
5) “Do you know the meaning of love, professor?”
20,000 leagues under the Sea. A whale of a tale to tell ya lads, but no one got this one.
6) “Just try and keep it from turning into a fucking bloodbath, all right? Not like last time.”
Desperado. I’m surprised no one got this; It’s pretty much the best action film ever made.
7) “I eat the pussy, I eat the butt, I eat every motherfuckin’ thang.”
True Romance – guessed by Charlotte. I love that line.
8) “You stupid, ignorant son of a bitch, dumb bastard. Jesus Christ. I’ve met some dumb bastards in my time but you outdo them all. ”
the SIlver Streak, one of my all-time favorite comedies. NIce job, jjh!
9) “Queen Elizabeth is a man! Prince Charles is a faggot! Winston Churchill was full of shit! Shakespeare’s French!”
American Werewolf in London – Hiromi got this one!
10) “For twenty dollars I can tell you a lot of things. For thirty dollars I can tell you more. And for fifty dollars I can tell you *everything*.”
Pee Wee’s Big Adventure – guess by Syl, of course.
11) “Nuclear weapons, Jack. They mean nothing. Everybody’s got them, nobody has the balls to use them. Am I right?”
*more quotes, same film:
Innerspace. No one got this one.