I was born in Boston, grew up in New Orleans, went to college in Houston, spent a few years in San Francisco, and a lot more years in Austin. I moved my family back to New Orleans post-Katrina, and moved them back to Austin post-divorce. I'll probably move again in a few years, post-something-or-other.
I'm a single dad, an old-school Java geek, a startup burnout, former non-commercial radio nerd, tattoo fan, and I cook a badass crawfish etouffee. Chin Music Press made the mistake of publishing a story of mine after the storm, so now I also go around pretending to be some kind of writer.
- "Thirds", Ghoti Magazine
- "Gather the Fragments That Remain", Where We Know: New Orleans as Home
- "Chokehold", decomP magazinE
- "I Was A Teenage Float Grunt", Do You Know What It Means?
- "Whirr", The Northville Review
- "Shoal Creek Benefit, and a Levee Break Eyewitness", A Howling in the Wires
- "The Camera is Powerless", A Howling in the Wires
- "In My Home Over There", Where We Know: New Orleans As Home
- "The Last Book I Loved, The Sound of Building Coffins", The Rumpus
- "La Chica", in "Readers Report Back From: Neighborhood", The Rumpus
- "The Helen Keller Ice Cream Social", The Whistling Fire
- "Running Away", in "Readers Report Back From...Running Away", The Rumpus
You can always say hi. I live here: email@example.com
And on Twitter: @raynola
And Tumblr: raynola.tumblr.com/
And sometimes Facebook: facebook.com/ray.shea